Saturday, January 18, 2014

Parsnips versus Turnips?


Oh my God! We foolishly planned a dinner party for tonight, and now Corb is completely freaking out about the  preparations. He took yesterday off to clean the whole house and it looks the best it has since we moved in, but there's still so much more to do and now he's losing it about the meal.
He couldn't think of what to make, so I had suggested pot roast. Sounds simple, right?

HAH! Now we are into the world of slow cooker versus Dutch oven, this recipe versus that, and...
"Turnips," Corb just called up.

"What about them? We bought them yesterday." I shouted down from the second floor.

"I bought parsnips by mistake."

"Parsnips are the white carrots then? What are turnips?"

"White beets."

I grinned. "I like parsnips better."

"I don't."

Sigh. This is going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment